Saturday, March 4, 2017

Day 8, March 4


We lifted the anchor at 6:30 after a calm night. We made a good choice to travel a bit further yesterday to get to a good anchorage. We had a beautiful sunrise at New Smyrna and Ponce de Leon Inlet area. 



Ponce de Leon Lighthouse
It was a much smoother day on the waterway today. Again, lots of dolphins, manatees and birds. Tons of beautiful homes and boats all up the ICW.  It was a pretty ride. Lots of people along the way fishing and enjoying the Florida sunshine.


I pulled out the shrimp boat painting as I'm still not satisfied with it. Maybe now, I'll decide tomorrow. But I started another one, a sailboat that we anchored close to last night that I photographed at sunrise (pictured on top here).  The wind picked up in the afternoon so I had to put things away. 

We arrived in St Augustine a little after 4 and decided to use the city mooring field. We checked in via radio and got set up and of course, the wind picked up and it started to rain. Yeah. Our 2nd mooring ball attempt ever and it has rained both times! This was our 1st attempt with this boat. Bryan at the helm and 2 Gilligans trying to catch a bouncy mooring ball. But we did it. 
We were supposed to go into the marina office and officially check in and pay BUT it was windy and choppy and we didn't' want to deal with taking the dinghy down and we told them that we would go in the morning. But NO, they had to have a signature.  So, they came out to us. Pretty cool. They understood about the dinghy thing. 

Ok, so when the engines are running, only 1 of us can go down there at a time, cause it's LOUD and HOT and we only 1 ear protector thinghys.  So, I stopped going down there but tonight I went down to turn the generator on to cook dinner. So, I took my shower and in my lounging jammies and I went to the engine room and got OIL all over my hands. YUK! But I turned the generator on by myself! And we have a great dinner planned for tonight. So glad that we brought our private captain and also chef! Bryan is such a good cook! Of course, I taught him all I know.


Why am I smiling? I've got oil all over my hands!!!  &(&(^%%$*(*)&^^$#$
It's windy and cold and hoping for good weather tomorrow to take a day off and play in the old town of St A. We are moored just off the Bridge of Lions and the fort so it will be a quick dinghy ride to town.  


A couple of shout outs here! Our granddaughter is turning 18 tomorrow!!!! (or today by the time you read this... AND she just signed with UNC at Chapel Hill!!! OMG!!!!  We are SO proud of her! Love you Jordan!!!!! Wish we were there with you right now!
And...my sister's sister in law is having a BIG birthday! Happy birthday Judy!

Total travel today: 69 miles
Total: 465.50

No comments:

Post a Comment